Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kindergarten SADNESS....






For me...not her!!!!! Today was the first official day of Kindergarten for my little Miss H. I thought I was ready for it (beyond ready) and it did not hit me until we were waiting in line to get her until her class...that I was so wrong...I was sooo NOT READY!!!!!! My eyes just filled with tears and I wanted to hold on to her and not let her in her class. I silently cried all the way to my car....and when I got in my car, I read this note the teachers left for us....


THE FIRST DAY

We gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered our room today.
For we know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave her at our side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheek may flow
We'll love her as our own
And help her learn and grow.
For as parents, we too know
How quickly the years do pass
And that one day soon it will be our turn
To take our children to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For we will love her and take her in
When you leave her at our door.

So, I of course began to ball my eyes out. I eventually felt better and I now am completely excited that I have 3 down and 1 to go....YIPEE!!!! Just wait till next week when the baby of the family starts pre-school! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! sniff..sniff!

Thanks for looking!!!

Michelle

1 comment:

CNichole Mirallegro said...

Hailey looks so beautiful, just wait till she's in high-school! The boys will be in line. Great Pix!

Love ya